You can generally visit our Site without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, when you engage in certain activities on the Site, such as registering to download a report or white paper, subscribe to the newsletter, or to participate in a community feature, we may ask you to provide certain information that is personally identifiable.
This information includes but is not limited to your name, email address, birth date, gender, and ZIP code. For some offers, we might also ask for your address and information about your assets. When you register with or subscribe to Annuity Digest, you are not anonymous to us.
Annuity Digest automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
Annuity Digest uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for information, services and products, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external partners and clients.
Acquisition of Information
Annuity Digest collects information from you in the following ways:
- User supplied information: Our registration process requires your e-mail address. Our registration process allows you to provide additional information. From time to time, we may request additional information.
- Cookies: Our Sites uses "cookies," small files that are sent to your browser and stored on your hard drive. A cookie does not contain any personally identifiable information, but it does enable Annuity Digest to record how and when you use the Site. It is possible to configure your browser to reject cookies by modifying the browser settings or preferences.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect as follows:
- The non-personally identifiable information that Annuity Digest collects is used to better target content in an effort to create a more relevant experience for every user. The information is also used to predict responses to offers and advertisements, and to help determine which ads perform best and which content is most appropriate for different individuals.
- If you choose to provide Annuity Digest with personally identifiable information, we may utilize such information for marketing purposes, and this use may result in follow-up communications from Annuity Digest and our partners and clients. In addition, that information may be combined with information collected from other sources to assist with targeting content to your preferences.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
All personally identifiable information you provide is maintained in confidence by Annuity Digest. Annuity Digest does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide information, products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Your non-personally identifiable data may be shared with third-party partners of Annuity Digest on an anonymous basis.
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Annuity Digest. These companies may use your personal information to help Annuity Digest communicate with you about and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- When you request information from Annuity Digest or one or more of our clients, we may transfer that information within Annuity Digest or route your information to our client(s) so that they may provide the information that you requested. We may also disclose information to a third party who provides substantially similar services as the original service about which you requested more information. In such situations, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- In addition to the above situations where your information may be shared with others, there is also the possibility that Annuity Digest or part(s) of the company, may one day be purchased by, or merged with, another company. In the event of such transaction, the acquiring (or merging) company will have access to all collected personally identifiable information.
- Annuity Digest may share your information as necessary to comply with a court order or to cooperate as legally required with government and law enforcement officials.
Annuity Digest would like to maintain the accuracy of your personally identifiable information. Should you need to update or correct your information, please send changes to the address below.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of personally identifiable information, we have put in place reasonable safeguards to secure the information we collect online.
Your California Privacy Rights
Beginning January 1, 2005, California passed legislation requiring certain disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet to provide information that may be used for marketing purposes. California residents may request information about whether the business has disclosed personally identifiable information to third parties and may also request that this information not be shared. If you are a California resident, you may request this at the address below.
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Annuity Digest websites are not directed at children under thirteen years of age, and Annuity Digest does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from such individuals.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our privacy or security policies or if you wish to opt-out or have your information removed from our database, please feel free to contact us at:
35 Miller Avenue, Suite 236
Mill Valley, CA 94941