Frequently Asked Questions
401k Information (15)
- What happens to the money I have put into my 401k if I no longer work for the company?
- What is the difference between a 401k and a 403b?
- What is the basic structure of a 401k?
- How do 401k plans work?
- What does vested in a 401k plan mean?
- What is the purpose of a 401k plan?
- How much will the tax be on cashing out of a 401k?
- What is the penalty for cashing out of a 401k?
- Who created the first 401k plan?
- What is the minimum age requirement for contributing into a 401k?
- How much can I contribute to my 401k plan at work?
- When do I have to start taking money out of my 401k?
- When can I take money out of my 401k?
- What is the difference between a 401k and an IRA?
- How much can I contribute to my 401k?
Annuities Information (35)
- Do fixed annuity rates generally track the federal prime rate, the Treasury bond rate, or some other financial metric?
- How is the value of an annuity calculated once you have started to receive payments in order to determine the IRS required minimum distributions?
- Is it possible to use USD in an IRA acct to purchase a Swiss Longevity annuity?
- If I purchase a fixed rate annuity and die after 15 or so years, what happens to the initial principal or purchase amount?
- I have a single premium deferred annuity of $21,000. Will I be able to get a loan against this, and if so, how much?
- I just read your article on Stand Alone Living Benefits. Is there also discussion in the industry about a Stand Alone Death Benefit that would provide a guaranteed death benefit regardless of the performance of the managed assets?
- In a variable annuity such as the MetLife Series VA, if inflation rises, is it likely or even possible that the "5%" income account could increase?
- How do I access a new annuity account?
- What does a proprietary annuity mean. Are they really better and if so why?
- How do I find out when my annuity is finished?
- What is M&E fees?
- Can a 10 year variable annuity with 5 year penalties be cashed out after 5 years without penalty?
- Are "non-qualified deferred annuities" protected from creditors in NY. (In Bankruptcy proceedings.)
- What happens if the The Dollar is abandoned and new currency issued?
- What is the difference between cash value and date of death value?
- Should I invest in a variable annuity?
- Jackson AscenderPlus Select account value statments are sent to clients how often?
- How do I get rid of a variable annuity?
- What happens if I die 5 years into a 9 year annuity? Can my heirs still receive the principal?
- Are there indexed annuities that track the CPI or other direct inflation indicator?
- What are the downsides of a GLWB rider for the annuitant?
- Where did you finally locate the actual study I have looke everywhere and cannot find it Thanks, mjm in Hawaii
- At what age is an annuity the most useful for an individual?
- Am I better off just buying a CD for $100,000 than an annuity? Is FDIC insurance important? Aren't there less fees too?
- How do annuities protect against inflation?
- What are the differences between variable, fixed and immediate annuities?
- What are "living benefit" options associated with annuities and how do they work?
- How can an annuity protect me from a volatile market?
- High expenses or fees are one criticism I have heard regarding annuities. Can you explain the fee structure around annuities?
- What are some rules of thumb for fixed income ppl choosing between bonds and annuities with their lump sum retirement payouts?
- I have heard that annuities are not good investments. How do I know if an annuity is right for my situation?
- I am in my 30s -- is there any reason I would buy an annuity now? My advisor has suggested it.
- What type of risk is associated with annuities?
- What types of fees should an annuity investor expect to pay?
- How does one typically purchase annuity products?
Financial Advisors Information (1)
Financial Planning Information (3)
Insurance Companies Information (3)
Investing Information (1)
IRA Information (10)
- How can i get my IRA deposits details?
- How much can my spouse contribute to an IRA?
- How does an IRA work?
- How much money do I need to open an IRA account?
- What is a Simple IRA?
- How much can I contribute to my SEP IRA?
- What is a rollover IRA account?
- What is a traditional IRA?
- How much can I contribute to my IRA?
- I have a SIMPLE IRA from a previous employer. How long do I have to wait to roll it over into an IRA?
Retirement Information (1)
Roth IRA Information (8)
Social Security Information (12)
- Are Social Security payments taxable?
- How to get a replacement Social Security card
- How to get a new Social Security card
- How to apply for Social Security
- Why was the Social Security Act created?
- Where is the closest Social Security office?
- Who is eligible for Social Security?
- How can I get a copy of my Social Security card?
- What is the purpose of Social Security?
- When did Social Security begin?
- How does Social Security work?
- What is Social Security?